[aerogear-dev] GSoC week 11 update

Dimitra Zuccarelli dimitrazuccarelli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 16:42:15 EDT 2017

Hi guys,

It's week 11 of GSoC, which means we only have about 3 weeks left until the
end! Here's a quick summary of what we've been doing:

* Right now I'm currently working on implementing custom object serialisers
and deserialisers to give us the ability to produce whatever we want to our
topics.
It's been a bit of a bumpy ride so far but Matthias just did a PR
<https://github.com/matzew/kafka-cdi/pull/16> which resolves some of the
issues we were having with generics. We'll hopefully have this sorted by
the end of the week, so we can start using it for the
producers/consumers/streams that we implement.

* Polina has already done AGPUSH-2159
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-2159> related to our first "custom"
producer but hasn't sent a PR off yet, given the aforementioned issues.
She's also currently working on getting a fancier test environment up for
all of our future consumers and producers :)

* Since we have a very short amount of time left after that, we'll jump
right into some more implementation with AGPUSH-2165
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-2165> and AGPUSH-2166
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-2166>, which we'll be working on in
our next sprint.

That's it, just wanted to update on what's going on.
Thanks for the feedback and help, we always appreciate it!

Dimitra