[aerogear-dev] GSoC week 11 update

Dimitra Zuccarelli dimitrazuccarelli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 04:35:17 EDT 2017

Hi guys, here's the PR for the generic ser/des: https://github.com/matzew/
kafka-cdi/pull/17 <https://github.com/matzew/kafka-cdi/pull/17>

As far as testing goes, there are a few issues with abstract classes
obviously, and since most of the objects we'll be producing contain
'Variant' (which is an abstract class) we'll have to come up with a nice
solution for that - we're open to ideas!

Right now it won't work "out of the box" with Polina's PR due to the
List<Variant> in the PushApplication class:

Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Can not
construct instance of org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.api.Variant, problem:
abstract types either need to be mapped to concrete types, have custom
deserializer, or be instantiated with additional type information

 at [Source: [B at d4163ef; line: 1, column: 229] (through reference chain:
org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.api.PushApplication["variants"])

Two other things:

* Bad things will happen if objects of incorrect type are pushed to the
same topic. This will definitely have to be addressed by enforcing some
basic security (AGPUSH-2109 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-2109>)

* We'll have to make sure our logs are a little more "informative" as we
can't log whole objects obviously for readability. Right now, even with
just two consumers, the log is quite overwhelming (i.e. consumer configs
etc)