[aerogear-dev] UPS: FCM push and how to deal w/ "old" tokens

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Aug 9 12:03:54 EDT 2017

Hi,

in the ups we have some code, that deals w/ old, non InstanceID tokens
(which do not contain a ':' char), since those are not FCM compliant, and
are therefore not usable for the topic support in FCM.

Currently I am looking at the tokenloader, and I see there is a bit of
complexity, and odd code, that deals w/ that. While I do understand that in
the 1.1.x line we wanna keep this, do we really want to keep if for the
master branch ?

How realistically is it, that UPS users are using a non InstanceID token?
Or Android Push APIs are now over a year on the latest of Google's FCM APIs
(in android/client).

Do we feel OK to remove that from the master branch, at some point ?

Cheers,
Matthias