[aerogear-dev] Google Summer of Code 2017 - ideas

Ali Ok aliok at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 17:27:57 EST 2017

Hi Matthias,

Being a GSoC student myself 6 years ago, I am super interested in being a
mentor. However, I am out of ideas since the thing I am interested,
Jenkins-Digger, is just starting and it is hard to come up with student
ideas.

After spending a lot of time thinking about it and reading JIRA tickets [1]
for inspiration, the only thing I can come up with is client libraries for
Jenkins-Digger in many different languages and platforms like Golang,
Python, Ruby etc.

While this idea might be OK, it might be a little bit too easy. GSoC FAQ
page says [2] "30+ hours a week working on your project during the 3 month
coding period".
What do you think?

Windows containerized Docker builds

BTW, this is a simple and brilliant idea.

[1]: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDIGGER
[2]: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq

Cheers