[aerogear-dev] Google Summer of Code 2017 - ideas

Anuj Garg anujgargcse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 07:29:39 EST 2017

Hi Matthias,

I was looking over this thread and saw very cool convo going and got
tempted to jump in.

I liked idea for
> E.g. from your idea, trigger a build, and have the option to have the
> extension download the APK (and launch to connected device/emulator).

Limitation is that eclipse che will be just on browser and we can not run
shell command from browser.
So finally we will need an app on client system, to which android device is
connected.

Here I came up with 2 ways to achieve this :

   1. if master or slave jenkin system have the connected android device
   then we can trigger to install app on those devices.
   2. we can make app/script for client to use in addition of using che
   from browser. When user click on link to deploy app,
   the script will receive intent and script will install app to android
   device with help of adb.

(However these 2 ways still expect that either ADB is previously installed
on system on packaged in plugin)

At present I could come up with only limited possibilities. Working on to
find what else can be done.

Regards

Anuj Garg