[aerogear-dev] GSoC 2017: UPS and Apache Kafka

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Jun 2 09:49:51 EDT 2017

Hi,

for this years project, we are now beyond community bonding, and coding on
the project, and required research do start.

In last meeting w/ our students we discussed a bit the basics for the next
week or so.
The initial POC/spike should be this JIRA:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-2098

Note, all work should be done on the "GSOC_2017_kafka" branch:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/GSOC_2017_kafka

For starters, I've sent a first basic PR against the branch:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/835

Besides the initial epic, we are going to create more and more JIRAs, in
AGPUSH, with the "gsoc_2017" label. Here is a public filter for those
tagged JIRA tickets:
https://issues.jboss.org/issues/?filter=12332273

We should also create a JIRA board for sprint planing and our backlog, on
the GSoC project.

Cheers!
Matthias