[aerogear-dev] Integrate Hbase with AeroGear

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Mar 21 05:27:11 EDT 2017

Hi Michelle,

thanks for the interest in AeroGear, and thanks for reaching out to the
community!

While DataNucleus sounds promising, I think we get the most out of HBase
using its good Java client. It has nice functionality, and there is no
extra layer around.

Regarding the model/schema, yes, we could write a migration script reading
out of Postgres/mysql and transforming to HBase structure!

Cheers,
Matthias

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 at 03:42, Michelle Zhang <zhangqiangcanada at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm going to work on the GSoC project: Integrate Hbase with AeroGear. Now
> I'm troubled with how to integrate Hbase. Here are some thoughts of mine:
> 1. Use a JPA library: DataNucleus bg JPA
> link: https://github.com/datanucleus/datanucleus-hbase
> By using this we can reuse the data model today. But it's not that habsify.
> 2. Use Hbase java api directly. Also, redesign data models to fit column
> base database.
>
> Which way do you think is better? Or do you have some other good ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> ~Michelle Zhang

Sent from Gmail Mobile