[aerogear-dev] Upstream Community Documentation

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Nov 23 03:13:44 EST 2017

Hi Paul,

lot's of content on the AeroGear website is out of date, due to lack of
work in the past two years (see the planing page).

Note: the sync was a prototype, for real-time sync; based on different
algorithms and papers in that area, but never went really anywere...
I guess it's dead now.

Over the past two years we did work a bit on the AeroGear Push server, and
their libraries (e.g. mobile client-side lib and server-side integrations
for node/java).

Regarding Digger - it's a standalone project, under the aerogear realm -
like push.  Both bits can be used completely independent.

I think some content (e.g. sync) needs to be removed (while we can still
keep the repos), but we should be perhaps focusing on AeroGear UPS and
digger, for community offerings.

ag.org/push (like is)
ag.org/digger (with backgrounds motivations, Laura's videos etc)

Regarding feedhenry / mcp , just one comment: it does integrate w/ AG
features, such as push or digger, and will IMO offer the integration parts
(e.g. APBs etc)

-Matthias