[aerogear-dev] [ag-digger] fastlane as the default build tool for digger-jenkins

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 06:46:51 EDT 2017

I'm huge enthusiast of fastline. Most of the IOS developers will use it on
daily basis. I'm no longer involved in the project but I think it will make
sense to use it as default codesign tool.
There are many ways to introduce it. If you need help with building jenkins
plugin I can help with contribution.

> I was thinking if we could create a jenkins plugin to properly handle
credentials using the "withCredentials" pipeline function
<https://jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/credentials-binding/>
That's great idea! We may also share this on the fastlate github. They have
bigger community and it seems that this will be useful outside digger.

Work checking:
https://github.com/fastlane/fastlane/blob/master/fastlane/docs/Jenkins.md

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Leonardo Rossetti <lrossett at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created a PR against digger-jenkins with fastlane samples for both
> ios and android: https://github.com/aerogear/digger-jenkins/pull/77
>
> You will notice that fastlane can replace both build and codesign logic
> from our Jenkinsfiles and this approach has some advantages:
>
>    - easier to test it locally without jenkins (just run fastlane
>    commands).
>    - more flexibility since it is just a  couple of ruby scripts.
>    - fastlane actions can be distributed as ruby gem packages in the
>    future.
>    - fastlane has several community plugins, which is easier to install
>    within the jenkinsfile using the gem command if needed.
>
> Currently, we can't sign our binaries with fastlane because of how our
> plugins (android signing and xcode) handle jenkins certificates and
> developer profile files.
>
> I was thinking if we could create a jenkins plugin to properly handle
> credentials using the "withCredentials" pipeline function
> <https://jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/credentials-binding/> so we could
> keep the main build/sign logic in fastlane actions while we keep specific
> jenkins tasks such as handling credentials, archiving the artifact, etc in
> the jenkisfile.
>
> WDYT?
> --
>
> LEONARDO ROSSETTI