[aerogear-dev] SDK API doc

Paul Wright pwright at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 10:32:29 EST 2018

Hi,

There is existing tooling to generate API reference doc for Android and
iOS. I'm thinking we should use that to generate comprehensive API doc
for both platforms (and later for Cordova).

I believe this gives the best experience to the <platform> developer, on
the basis that, at any one time, they developer is working on a single
platform (and typically a colleague is developing the 'other' platform).
The disadvantages of this approach include the fact that the appearance
of generic docs/android/ios will all be different, but we can put enough
navigation into the html to allow users enter and exit this reference
without too much pain.

However there is also a requirement to show the cross platform nature of
mobile-next, to demonstrate the generic nature of a particular call. I'd
like to address this, not in the 'full' API docs, but in examples of
typical use cases which might look like

getSyncClient().list("tasks");

For more information see <link to android ref docs>

syncClient.listWithDataId("tasks")

For more information see <link to ios ref docs>

WDYT?

--
Paul Wright
Mobile Docs (github: finp)