[aerogear-dev] Location of Docs

Paul Wright pwright at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 10:11:07 EST 2018

Hi,
At a meeting a few weeks ago, we decided not to centralize all the docs for
mobile.next, because:

* keep docs closer to code
* keep docs and code versioned together
* allow devs update docs in same repo as they are working

We also decided not to create sidecar repos, eg a mobile-<service>-docs
repo.

With that in mind, I thought that docs for push would end up in:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server

and docs for android sdk would end up in:

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-sdk

but that was before I discovered that the following is the nearest thing to
a 'metrics' repo that would be suitable for /docs:
https://github.com/aerogearcatalog/metrics-apb

However, I don't think switching org is a good experience for anyone (user
or contributor), so I'm wondering if anyone has a good idea where to docs
should live (relative to the code), eg:

* service and sdk docs live the apb repos
* service docs in apb repos, and sdk docs in 'code' repo
* something else

thanks,
Paul

--