[aerogear-dev] Location of Docs

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 10:24:35 EST 2018

We started writing user stories for SDK's (splitting between contributor
and user roles )
SDK's already have solid base that will be extended over the time, with
similar patterns across platforms.

*IOS: *
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-ios-sdk/tree/master/docs

*Android *(WIP - going to be updated soon)
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-sdk/tree/master/docs

> and docs for android sdk would end up in:

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-sdk/tree/master/docs/push

Android-sdk repository is just used for Mobile OpenShift Service Catalog
(AeroGear Services)
so push SDK may be probably in separate repository and be imported into
AeroGear Services SDK.

Regards

Wojtek

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:11 PM, Paul Wright <pwright at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> At a meeting a few weeks ago, we decided not to centralize all the docs
> for mobile.next, because:
>
> * keep docs closer to code
> * keep docs and code versioned together
> * allow devs update docs in same repo as they are working
>
> We also decided not to create sidecar repos, eg a mobile-<service>-docs
> repo.
>
> With that in mind, I thought that docs for push would end up in:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server
>
> and docs for android sdk would end up in:
>
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-sdk
>
> but that was before I discovered that the following is the nearest thing
> to a 'metrics' repo that would be suitable for /docs:
> https://github.com/aerogearcatalog/metrics-apb
>
> However, I don't think switching org is a good experience for anyone (user
> or contributor), so I'm wondering if anyone has a good idea where to docs
> should live (relative to the code), eg:
>
> * service and sdk docs live the apb repos
> * service docs in apb repos, and sdk docs in 'code' repo
> * something else
>
> thanks,
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Wright
> Senior Technical Writer
> Red Hat, Waterford, Ireland
> gitlab: finp

> gid/aerogear/CALLRKFhFVgDt1KiAiJ1R22qmcP%2Be_%2Bp3g9hbYnrrRo
> qXFuvKzQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aerogear/CALLRKFhFVgDt1KiAiJ1R22qmcP%2Be_%2Bp3g9hbYnrrRoqXFuvKzQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

WOJCIECH TROCKI