[aerogear-dev] 5.x/Mobile Comms

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Thu Jan 4 05:34:41 EST 2018

Hi all,

This email is moreso a formality so everyone knows how we have been
communicating, but wanted to share so everyone is aware, particular with a
lot of new team members working on 5.x.
However, if you feel strongly against anything here, please lets discuss.

TLDR;
* Lets default to #aerogear for all chat, discussions etc..
* Lets use direct messages, email or #mobile-internal for private chat,
discussions etc...

Reasons
* #aerogear on freenode is already active with 5.x chat & discussions, and
has been for ~6 months (it's been active a lot longer than that for mobile
things)
* having a central place for chat increases the likelihood of getting help
or feedback, particularly if people across different teams hit the same
issues and have solved it already. It also increases visibility of work
other teams are doing, which can avoid duplication & encourage collaboration
* we are all part of 1 larger team working on the same goal. Lets not
exclude or silo ourselves
* #aerogear is public/open. 5.x development is all upstream/open. Removing
any barriers to building an open community, which we are all the foundation
of, makes sense

--
David Martin
Red Hat Mobile