[aerogear-dev] KeyCloak Grafana Dashboard

Peter Braun pbraun at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 08:56:26 EST 2018

Hi everybody,

we’re currently discussing what the Grafana Dashboard for KeyCloak should look like and what kind of data is important to display. A crude mockup image is attached. The following metrics are candidates:

Currently Logged in Users: the number of active users over time. Unsure yet if we can track this reliably in KeyCloak.
Question/Problem: can KeyCloak reliably track this? We get the number of Logins and Logouts, but i’m not sure when exactly a logout is triggered. What if a user just logs in with KeyCloak, gets the token but never logs out? This is probably better suited to be tracked through SDK usage metrics.

Failed Login Attempts: useful for brute force detection. We have a counter for this and want to display it as a line graph over time as well as a bar chart for every month.

User by Identity Provider: The percentage of users by identity provider (Google, Facebook Github…). This information should be available in the KeyCloak Login events which are tracked.

Memory usage over time: A line chart showing the memory usage over a timespan (last day?). This data is already returned from the KeyCloak metrics endpoint.

I’d appreciate any suggestions and opinions on this!

Thanks,
Peter