[aerogear-dev] [feedhenry-dev] Demo videos via blue jeans for scrum of scrums meeting

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 08:13:51 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:00 AM, John Frizelle <jfrizell at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> How poor is the quality when playing a youtube video through BlueJeans -
> or is it the lack of audio that is the main challenge?
>
> Thinking about community and being more open as we move forward, we will
> probably want to consider something other than BlueJeans for these
> meetings. I know AeroGear used to do public google hangouts - I'm guessing
> it would have better support for sharing/streaming videos from YouTube...

So I think Hangouts on Air has been deprecated in favor of YouTube live
which is more single person twitch style streaming instead of group
meetings.  On AG we had the problem that we had more people than Hangouts
would allow and we eventually moved to IRC meetings using meetbot, but we
were experimenting with creating a webRTC client.

I *think* we can make our bluejeans videos and meetings public as well.