[Aerogear-users] Enabled Admin RESTful API access in unified-push server

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 03:59:16 EST 2014

Hi Wei,

in QE we are using following approaches to allow KeyCloak direct grant
programatically and run integration tests.

1/ For local deployments, we open the WAR and replace Keycloak related
configuration on-the-fly prior deployment

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server-integration-tests/blob/master/src/test/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/test/Deployments.java#L317-L372

2/ For OpenShift deployments, we add additional WAR to the cartridge,
that has an EJB singleton that alters KeyCloak database to allow direct
grant and then we redeploy to flush cache.

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server-integration-tests/blob/extension-war/build.gradle#L83-L181

We plan to use approach 2/ even for local deployments in short future.
Our test WAR contains additional features, such as endpoints for
generating data, proxying GCM content (in development). Might be handy
for you.

That said, I recall that direct grants have not been enabled as it opens
additional point of vulnerability. I'd personally prefer to have it
enabled by default and let user switch it off if he does not need it. I
believe that it would be great if Keycloak configuration can be at least
externalized. This is tracked by this JIRA:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1047

Another library you might find helpful (especially if you don't mind
getting your hands dirty with Java Code) is our Java binding for REST
calls in UPS:

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-testing-tools/tree/master/aerogear-ups-rest-api

This library provides a fluent API over UPS endpoints.

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Karel