[Aerogear-users] Cannot receives pushes via iOS Production variant

Thomas Schweitzer thomers at me.com
Sat Nov 15 07:02:42 EST 2014

Hello,

after upgrading to the latest AeroGear UnifiedPush Server version, I have now problems sending push notifications to iOS devices.

When I select a development variant, I can send notifications via the web console, and they are received on the iOS (development) devices properly.

But when I select a production variant, the notifications seem to get sent (I see no errors in the web console), and NO notifications are received on the devices. I tested this with two different apps already published in the store - same problem.

>From what I can tell, there should be no difference between the app I’m testing on the dev variant, and the two apps in the store - the push registration is the same, and I can see installations for the 2 production variants, so the devices are definitely registering.

The only difference is the number of receivers (4 for the dev, 50 for the production variant). I’m sending the same message.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Cheers,
Thomas