[Aerogear-users] Cannot receives pushes via iOS Production variant

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 06:45:06 EST 2014

Hello all

Indeed I can reproduce the problem as described in AGPUSH-1087

I have one variant: PROD with one installation on iPhone5S with Distribution certificate

I have another variant: PRODMIX with 2 installations:
- on iPad mimi with distribution certificate
- on iPad2 with dev certificate

When sending a notification to all variants, only the iPhone5S on the PROD variant received the notification.

If I go to admin console and desactivate the iPad2 installation and sent again a Push message to all variants, now iPhone 5S and IPad mini received the notification
=> Therefore, it is indeed when one installtion has non valid certificate thta all installations of this corrupted variants will not received the notification. I also confirm that the work around does work.

Looking on FINE grained logging, I noticed that this succeed callback is called:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/push/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/message/SenderServiceImpl.java#L140

The problem seem to be in deepsest level of code. I will install a UPS server locally to test further.

++
Corinne