[Aerogear-users] Unified push server development environment setup

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 11:07:31 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM, mo <michi.oshima at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run the unified push server in a development environment to
> troubleshoot and understand it better.  I'm wondering if there is any
> documentation available to assist me with setting up development
> environment
> for it.  I've looked though documents under "Contributing to AeroGear", but
> I am in need of a more detailed guide.  I'd like to get to a point where I
> can run unified push, break point, and inspect variables, and so on.
>
> So far I've managed to run 'mvn test' successfully on the unified push
> server source code.  I use Eclipse, so I wanted to import the project.  I
> get quite a lot of errors in doing so.
>
> I am troubleshooting version 1.0.2.  We use OpenShift to deploy the
> aerogear
> server.
>
> I appreciate any help.  Thank you.

Sure thing.  I'm ran this from master, I am using postgres as my database,
Wildfly as my app server, NetBeans as my IDE, and I'm running all of these
commands from the CLI instead of through the IDE; but I am 99% sure the
principle of what I am saying will work for you.

1. Have you read
https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#server-installation?
It walks you through setting up your database and such.
 * You will need to start wildfly in debug mode
2. Go to ${UPS-SOURCE-HOME}/servers and run `mvn wildfly:deploy -Pwildfly`
3. In Eclipse attach a debugger to port 8787
4. Set a breakpoint in DashboardEndpoint.java in the *totalApplications*
method.
5. Navigate to localhost:8080/ag-push
6. Do the login and change the initial admin password (it defaults to
admin/123)
7. When you load the application, your breakpoint should be triggered.

--Summers