[Aerogear-users] AeroGear Unified Push on other application servers?

Raimund Klein chessray77 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:05:43 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

We are considering the use of the AeroGear Unified Push Server in our
current project, but I'm afraid there will be quite some resistance against
using the WildFly or JBoss EAP servers in our environments (and no, we
don't have Docker yet, either - I'm trying to push for that on another
line, but there are even more stakeholders involved...). So far, our
infrastructure team supports only another application server.

How deep are the links between the application and the server? I briefly
talked to Matze after this JAX talk last week and he mentioned that there
are direct uses of HornetQ. Is that the only restriction, and how heavily
is this used? Are there plans to make this tie-in optional?

Please excuse all these questions, but they're only some of the problems
I'm facing in pushing this forward. I would really like to use it in order
to reduce the headaches I had over the past months, but in a bigger
organisation you have more people asking this kind of thing. ;-)

Cheers
Raimund