[Aerogear-users] push.unregister() not working Cordova 5.0.0 for Android

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 10:50:22 EDT 2015

Hi,

You would rarely need unregister this is from the android doc:

You should rarely (if ever) need to call this method. Not only is it
expensive in terms of resources, but it invalidates your registration ID,
which should never change unnecessarily. A better approach is to simply
have your server stop sending messages. Only use unregister if you want
your application to stop using GCM permanently, or you have a compelling
reason to recycle your registration ID

The error you are getting is wrong though, seems that that it doesn't have
a deviceId anymore I'll investigate

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Jesús Martín González <
jesus90martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting to use pushplugin for Cordova android and i have followed all
> instrucctions and examples available at:
> https://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-cordova/Push.html and other
> pages. I can receive notifications but when I try to unregister the device
> an error message appear: "Seems this device is already unregistered" and it
> is wrong because I am still receiving notifications.
>
> I am using cordova 5.0.0 and deploying to android, i am using this for
> unregister:
>
> push.unregister(successHandler, errorHandler);
> function successHandler() {
>     alert("notificaciones desactivadas");
> }
>
> function errorHandler(message) {