[Aerogear-users] Possible bug in Aerogear Push Cordova/iOS implementation but not in the Cordova/Android version

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 05:36:55 EST 2015

Hi Rob,

That would be a bug, although I can not reproduce it, to test it this is
what I've done to test it:

$ > cordova create push-test <my bundle id>
$ > cordova platform add ios
$ > cordova plugin add aerogear-cordova-push

copy paste your js code into www/js/index.js onDeviceReady, changed
pushServerUrl and variant info and changed quotes to " (this is your email
client no doubt) and changed : into ; after console.log("Success")

Attach Safari debugger and send a message when the app is in the foreground
and get in the console:

HandleAeroGearNotification: event =>
{"alert":"test","foreground":true,"coldstart":false,"sound":"default","badge":-1,"payload":{}}

I press the home button and send the app to the background send another
message and 'touch' the message to launch the app:

HandleAeroGearNotification: event =>
{"alert":"background","foreground":false,"coldstart":false,"sound":"default","badge":-1,"payload":{}}

The I kill the app by pressing home twice and swiping over the app to
remove it send another message and 'touch' it to launch the app. This kills
my safari debugger so no way to see the console log, but in this case
coldstart should be true. To test this better changed the code to alert
instead of console:

  function HandleAeroGearNotification(event) {
      alert("HandleAeroGearNotification: event => " + event.coldstart);

      // Stuff cut for clarity
  }

I send another notification 'touch' it to launch the app and see the alert
box display the text:

HandleAeroGearNotification: event => true

Hope this helps

Cheers,
       Erik Jan