[Aerogear-users] Possible bug in Aerogear Push Cordova/iOS implementation but not in the Cordova/Android version

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 11:54:08 EST 2015

Hi Rob,

What you could try is to debug this in xcode, when the notification is
touched it should launch the app and that will in turn call the JS
callback. Would be good to see if this code is called 100% of the time.

You can put a breakpoint here:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-cordova-push/blob/master/src/ios/AppDelegate%2Bnotification.m#L56

That code will execute on cold start and here:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-cordova-push/blob/master/src/ios/AGPushPlugin.m#L102

That is where the onNotification callback gets invoked.

Hope this helps,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Rob Willett <rob.aerogear at robertwillett.com
> wrote:

> Sebastien
>
> Yes, we do it at that point, $ionicPlatform.ready. I include the whole of
> that area of code for reference but we’re not expecting you to debug it for
> us. Merely to demonstrate its there.
>
> At the moment all we want the code to do is put an alert up.
>
> .run(function($ionicPlatform , CordovaService) {
>     $ionicPlatform.ready(function() {
>         if (window.StatusBar) {
>             // org.apache.cordova.statusbar required
>             StatusBar.styleDefault();
>         }
>
>         ConsoleLog('<<< Cordova ready >>>');
>
>         /* This seems to remove an annoying page flicker on iOS when the keyboard is displayed */
>         cordova.plugins.Keyboard.disableScroll(true);
>
>        isDeviceReady = true;
>
>         var uuid = "D26FBAF1-2EF2-4614-875F-4497EC4212D5/JFL1-0/ios_app";
>
>         var aeroGearPushConfig = {
>             pushServerURL: "https://push-jambuster.rhcloud.com/ag-push/",
>             ios: {
>                 variantID: “XXXXX”,
>                 variantSecret: “YYYYYYY”
>             } ,
>             // sendMetricInfo: true,
>             alias: uuid
>         };
>
>         push.register(function (event) {
>             alert("EVENT = " + JSON.stringify(event));
>
>         } ,  function () {
>             if (1)
>             {
>                 // alert("AeroGearSuccessHandler: OK " + JSON.stringify(uuid));
>                 // ConsoleLog("UUID = " + uuid);
>             }
>         } , function () {
>     } , aeroGearPushConfig);
>
> We were still loading up another 18,000 lines of code so we need to start
> pruning that back until we have something that works.
>
> Rob
>
> On 16 Dec 2015, at 16:04, Sebastien Blanc wrote:
>
> In the ionic app when do you do the registration of UPS ? on the
> platformReady event ?
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Rob Willett <
> rob.aerogear at robertwillett.com
>
> wrote:
>
> Erik,
>
> We have built the simplest possible app we can that uses the Aerogear
> push plugin but using the ionic tabs starter kit.
>
> http://ionicframework.com/getting-started/
>
> We have taken the code directly from the Cordova simple app that we have
> got working and put it into the Ionic app.
>
> if we follow your tests as below:
>
>    1.
>
>    IOS App in foreground, we send a simple push notification from the
>    Aerogear console - Works OK, We can see the event. Good
>    2.
>
>    IOS App in background, we send a simple push notification from the
>    Aerogear console - Works OK, We can see the event. Good
>    3.
>
>    IOS App killed, we send a simple push notification from the Aerogear
>
>    console and some of the time when we click on the notification in the
> [...]

Cheers,
       Erik Jan