[Aerogear-users] Registering and unregistering from Simple Push and Unified Push

mo michi.oshima at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:06:14 EDT 2015

Hi Sebastien,

If the contents of the localStorage were deleted for one reason or another,
then I believe the browser would have to register anew with SPS and UPS next
time.  In that case the original registration would be a "bogus
installation" on USP as Matthias puts it, I'm thinking.  Am I correct?  I
don't know whether there's going to be any stale data on the side of SPS.
Is there?

Also, how should I detect whether registration with SPS is previously done?
Would the `mailEndpoint` be falsey in that case?  I'm talking about  this
sample code
<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js-cookbook/blob/master/simplepush-unifiedpush-example/js/unifiedpush.js#L29>
.

Here's another, related question.  When we reuse registrations in the way
you describe, is there any reason ever to call
`navigator.push.unregister(...)` or
`unifiedPushClient.unregisterWithPushServer(...)`???  I have not seen a
sample code where `navigator.push.unregister(...)` was used.  I believe I've
seen `unregisterWithPushServer(...)` somewhere.  Note, I don't exactly know
what these unregister functions do.

Thank you.