[Aerogear-users] Registering and unregistering from Simple Push and Unified Push

mo michi.oshima at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:49:06 EDT 2015

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Blanc wrote

>> Also, how should I detect whether registration with SPS is previously
>> done?
>> Would the `mailEndpoint` be falsey in that case?
>
> Yes
>
>> I'm talking about  this
>> sample code
>> <
>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js-cookbook/blob/master/simplepush-unifiedpush-example/js/unifiedpush.js#L29
>> >
>> .

I haven't run the sample code I mention above.  But in my code the endpoint
(`event.target.result`) is never falsey.  I just tested this.  I use
aerogear.js version 2.0.0.  My code snippet below:

```javascript
    request.onsuccess = function (event) {
      var endpoint = event.target.result;
      var channelID = event.type.replace('-success', '');

      if (! endpoint) {
        console.log('null endpoint for topic registration: channelID=' +
channelID);
        return;
      }

      console.log('successful simple push registration: topic=' + topic + ',
channelID=' + channelID);
```
Console always logs 'successful simple push registration'.

Also Matthias, if I am supposed to register with simple push only the first
time, then should I still be registering/unregistering with UPS every time I
run my application?