[Aerogear-users] WeldException: duplicate class definition

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Jul 6 15:06:35 EDT 2015

hi

the stack indicates a JBoss AS7 instance (due to catalina)

Can you launch a complete new instance (now based on WildFly)?

Note: there is no longer SimplePush on the cartirdge, means:
- use the Mozilla Network(wss://push.services.mozilla.com)
- use the SimplePush facility of your existing instance

Thanks,
Matthias

On Monday, July 6, 2015, mo <michi.oshima at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure the significance of this, but I'm going to report an error I'm
> seeing.  Scenario is a bit complicated and may not be relevant to anything
> or anybody, so I apologize beforehand.
>
> Again, I use:
> https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push
>
> I get the following error when I attempt to attempt a duplicate
> registration.  That is, when I attempt to register the same item the second
> time.
>
> Error:
>
> 2015/07/06 13:27:50,138 ERROR
>
> [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/ag-push].[org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.rest.RestApplication]]
> (http-127.5.38.1-127.5.38.1-8080-3) Servlet.service() for servlet
> org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.rest.RestApplication threw exception:
> org.jboss.weld.exceptions.WeldException: by java.lang.LinkageError: loader
> (instance of  org/jboss/modules/ModuleClassLoader): attempted  duplicate
> class definition for name:
>
> "org/jboss/weldx/persistence/EntityManager$-1934315144$Proxy$_$$_Weld$Proxy$"
>
> Why do I do duplicate registration?  Not for any good reason.  It's
> because:
>
> 1. I'm currently testing reconnection (navigator.push.reconnect()).
> 2. I cannot determine whether I've registered with unified push server
> previously.  (See one of my recent posts for details.)  So I end up
> attempting registration with unified push server when I reconnect.
>
> Note:
>
> 1. My client application registers 8 channels.
> 2. Unified push server doesn't fail all 8 duplicate registrations.  It
> fails
> about a half of them randomly.
> 3. Just to show that I did some research:  a ticket that mentions a similar
> error <https://developer.jboss.org/thread/197298?tstart=0>  .  It's funny,
> the ticket was filed for aerogear, apparently by mistake.
>
> If anyone is interested, I can make an entire server.log that contains the
> error and its context.

Sent from Gmail Mobile