[Aerogear-users] Issues unregistering from server

alan10fm alan10fm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:56:01 EDT 2015

Hi everybody.

I am making an android app using unified push server and Openshift.
I am using the code in the next link to register my devices
https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-android/push/
the register works good and i can receive push notification.
My problem is when i want to unregister the device, when i register the
device and i never close the app and i unregister the device it works but my
issue is when i register my device and close the app, after relaunch the app
when i try to unregister the device the app brokes because of a null pointer
exception in this line
registrar.unregister(getApplicationContext(), new Callback<Void>()
because the registar object is null

I have made a lot of combinations to recover the registar object but
anything works the server returns me a 404 code error.
In this link is my code:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31363464/unregister-devices-aerogear

I will appreciate any help with this.