[Aerogear-users] what is the good way to delete an alias, entry in aerogear unified push servers

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Apr 18 03:27:03 EDT 2016

Hi Yves,

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Yves Nicolas <yves.nicolas at dynamease.com>
wrote:

> API deletion is ok. Use case for deletion by Alias : Java written
> backoffice doesnt know about device tokens, we want to be able to
> deregister users from the backoffice. API management, or from the java
> library. our other use case for unregistration are from the devices
> themselves, they know about the token. We can manage with the Rest api,

Or, you can use this nice library that a different AeroGear user created!
https://github.com/mfischelmayer/aerogear-push-helper/blob/master/src/main/java/at/ftec/aerogear/api/impl/DefaultAerogearAdminService.java#L152-L159

> is there a plan to include the unregistration inside the android and IOS
> library?

Android:
there is this method:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-push/blob/master/aerogear-android-push/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/android/unifiedpush/PushRegistrar.java#L40

which does both:
* 'unregister' from the GCM service, as well as from the UPS.

Perhaps that's something you can leverage ?

On iOS, we don't have this, because Apple does not recommend to have users
manually unregister from push on the app. Their preferred way is disabling
push on the global setting.

However, I think it's arguable that unregistering from UPS, for an app, is
not equals to completely unregister from APNs, for the same app. Worth to
explore this on a different thread  :-)

> Thxs Message: 3 Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:18:47 +0200 From:
> Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> Subject: Re: [Aerogear-users]
> what is the good way to delete an alias entry in aerogear unified push
> servers To: "aerogear-users at lists.jboss.org"
> <aerogear-users at lists.jboss.org> Message-ID:
> <CAAg5f2QR0MZ9nk1GjxMpHwNd6Zu_o7DrhAURO9yKJP+9O66R8w at mail.gmail.com>
> entry:
>
> https://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-unifiedpush-rest/index.html#417932897
> what's the use-case - perhaps we can improve our story? On Fri, Apr 15,
> 2016 at 6:09 PM, Yves Nicolas <yves.nicolas at dynamease.com> wrote:
>
> > The user interface enable to uncheck the alias so that it doesn't
> > receive notification anymore but what is the good way to delete the
> > alias/device token from the aerogear database?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Yves

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf