[Aerogear-users] aerogear-unifiedpush-java-client

Christopher Fahey chris at dealerrewards.net
Wed Aug 17 08:33:17 EDT 2016

I am using java client 1.1.0-final with UPS 1.1.1-final.

I don't mean to be a constant thorn but I just keep running into these
issues and never can find any solution to them.

I have everything compiled and running.  I have created an application
within UPS with an android variant.  I have my mobile app installed on
my android phone.  I can successfully send a notification using the UPS
admin console to my app.  The last part of the puzzle is to get the UPS
java client working so I can integrate my server with UPS.  I have
written a small test program to test it but I receive the following error:

Aug 17, 2016 8:17:10 AM org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.DefaultPushSender
submitPayload
SEVERE: The Unified Push Server returned status code: 400

Why am I receiving this error?

There is no indication in the Wildfly logs that it even handled the
connection or why it rejected it.  Here is the code:

         String notifyURL = "https://www.dealerrewards.com:8080/ag-push";
         String appId = "3c726feb-52ce-52ce-52ce-f08e9993c715";
         String appSecret = "11ba55f6-52ce-52ce-52ce-06a9672db6ae";

         PushSender defaultPushSender =
DefaultPushSender.withRootServerURL( notifyURL )
                         .pushApplicationId( appId )
                         .masterSecret( appSecret )
                         .build();

         UnifiedMessage unifiedMessage = UnifiedMessage.withMessage()
                         .alert("test")
                         .criteria().aliases("mike")
                         .build();

         defaultPushSender.send( unifiedMessage, new
MessageResponseCallback( )
         {
             @Override
             public void onComplete( )
             {
                 // TODO Auto-generated method stub

             }
         } );

Christopher Fahey
DealerRewards, Inc.
Maryland Branch Office
(410) 924-3185
This electronic message transmission contains information from
DealerRewards Inc. This message is confidential. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work-product immunity or other
legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by
email reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this
message or disclose its contents to anyone.
DISCLAIMER: Since 2006, the U.S. Government has been monitoring all
internet communications. If you have information that you do not wish to
have monitored, please send it using regular postal services to the
address listed on our website.