[Aerogear-users] mobile SDKs keeping connections open?

Yoann Archambault ya at sherpa-solutions.com
Wed Aug 17 13:10:46 EDT 2016

Hi,

We migrated to Aerogear recently and now that our app is live, we are
seeing 1000s of established TCP connections coming from our devices
(Average of 1.5 connection per remote IP).

I would expect the SDK to create a connection to register and the close it.
Same for the "opened" metrics request.

I've had to increase the maximum number of opened file descriptors for the
wildfly user but i don't see this as a proper long term solution.

Or am i missing something and somehow this is the expected behavior?

- Aerogear server version is 1.1.3.Final
- Although i am unable to confirm 100%, i think this issue happens on both
ios and android SDKs.

--
Yoann