[Aerogear-users] Multiple Android Push notifications

Daniel Passos dpassos at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 08:32:19 EST 2016

Hi aamagdi,

When you uninstall the app in your device, Google automatically unregister
that on GCM.

Could you open a Jira[1] for that and provide more information like:

   1. What Android version are you using?
   2. What aerogear-android-push version are you using?
   3. What Aerogear UnifiedPush version are you using?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID
​

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 11:18 AM, aamagdi <aamagdi at ejada.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing the below scenario with android devices but I don't know if
> there a workaround for it:
>
> 1- Install a mobile application that support push notification and
> connected
> to UPS server in android device
> 2- User open the application and the device registered on UPS server
> 3- User receive notification normally
> 4- User uninstall the application without his device been unregistered from
> UPS
> 5- User install the application again and register his device in UPS
> 6- User receive double notification of each notification instead of one
> 7- with each new uninstall and reinstall of the same app, number of the
> multiple notification increase by one
>
> Is there  a solution for this issue
>
> Thanks

-- Passos