[Aerogear-users] Qustions about Push and Cordova

Anton Hughes kurrent93 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:30:44 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Luke Holmquist <lholmqui at redhat.com> wrote:

> both android and iOS have limitations on the message payload,  so the
> message is usually just a string.

Ok, so is there another convention for sending json data?

My use-case is, I want to send a notification to a specific user say "that
item you have been watching is now available" - and when the click on it,
the app opens, and they see a screen with price, currency, etc - a domain
model.

Is 'push' the right/normal way to do that? Or is there another convention?

Or would it be a combination of push, then do a rest request?