[Aerogear-users] Latin Characters in Push Notification

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 16:08:09 EDT 2016

I was able to get the ç character to push successfully using UPS
1.2.0-alpha.1 and AeroGear-Android-Push 2.2.2 on Lollipop, Marshmallow, and
Nougat (a mixture of emulators and devices).

There are several things you can do to figure out where the encoding error
is happening.

First I would try sending a push message to your device bypassing UPS.  If
you have access to a bash shell you can try the following gist :
https://gist.github.com/secondsun/f659a34a43dd41c2a6509f2e5733f23f  Please
note you will need to provide your own server ID and device ID (and both
are available in UPS).

If this works then the problem is between UPS and GCM and we can continue
debugging from there.