[Aerogear-users] Device registration - Method not allowed

Ramona.Cristea Ramona.Cristea at mvise.de
Wed Jun 1 06:43:30 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm a colleague of Philipp, only that I'm working on integrating the android
part.

We generated again variantID and variantSecret and we send them correctly.
Also we tested the request using Advance REST client chrome extension and
there the connection succeeds with 200 status code and a json response. But
inside the app we still receive error 405 Method not allowed.

Exception received: org.jboss.aerogear.android.pipe.http.HttpException: The
server returned the error code 405.
Stacktrace:
"org.jboss.aerogear.android.pipe.http.HttpRestProvider.getHeaderAndBody(HttpRestProvider.java:287)"
"org.jboss.aerogear.android.pipe.http.HttpRestProvider.post(HttpRestProvider.java:148)"
"org.jboss.aerogear.android.pipe.http.HttpRestProvider.post(HttpRestProvider.java:134)"
"org.jboss.aerogear.android.unifiedpush.gcm.AeroGearGCMPushRegistrar$4.doInBackground(AeroGearGCMPushRegistrar.java:170)"
"org.jboss.aerogear.android.unifiedpush.gcm.AeroGearGCMPushRegistrar$4.doInBackground(AeroGearGCMPushRegistrar.java:135)"
"android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:292)"
"java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)"
"android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:231)"
"java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)"
"java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)"
"java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)"

After some more digging we suspect that this is the issue we are
experiencing https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID-270 , only that we
don't receive inside the app an exception similar to that described in the
jira ticket. According to the steps described there, it seems that aero gear
library fails to establish a connection to a unified Push Server using
HTTPS, which is exactly what we are trying to do. We can provide the sample
app with our server configuration set up if needed.