[Aerogear-users] Jackson Dependency Conflict with Aerogear 1.1.0

Jonathon Rogoff jrogoff38 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 21:23:12 EDT 2016

I have been successfully using Aerogear 1.0.0 in my product for a while
now.  I am making some additions (primarily using contentAvailable to
prompt apps I haven't heard from lately to check in once in a while) and
thought it would be a opportunity to upgrade to 1.1.0.  I upgraded the
Aerogear server as well as my Android and iOS apps without any problems.
However, my jboss web server, used by administrators to initiate messages,
is proving problematic.

After upgrading the unifiedpush-java-client to 1.1.0.Final on my jboss web
server, I cannot get it to play nicely with the resteasy-jackson2-provider
implementation (3.0.16.Final) I use for custom RESTful communication
between my apps and the web server.

It appears that including the unifiedpush-java-client 1.1.0 causes my
RESTful services to use the codehaus jackson implementation in the
unifiedpush-java-client. Therefore, all of my fasterxml jackson annotations
(@JsonIgnore and @JsonFormat) are ignored causing my RESTful services to
fail.

If I exclude both jackson-jaxrs and jackson-databind from the
unifiedpush-java-client in my pom.xml then everything compiles and my
RESTful services work.  However, when attempting to send a push
notification from the server I get a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/codehaus/jackson/map/ObjectMapper" from UnifiedPushMessage for obvious
reasons.

I tried going back to the 1.0.0 version of the unifiedpush-java-client, but
that just results in status code 400 responses from the aerogear 1.1.0
server.

Do you have any suggestions for resolving this conflict, or should I just
roll everything back to the 1.0.0 version until further notice?

I appreciate any direction you can provide.

- Jonathon Rogoff