[Aerogear-users] UPS Device Registration Endpoints

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Sat May 28 00:50:43 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Sebastien Blanc <scm.blanc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>
> Le 27 mai 2016 à 21:56, Luke Holmquist <lholmqui at redhat.com> a écrit :
>
> thats right folks, i'm asking this question on a Friday before a Holiday
> weekend(US) at 3:52(est)
>

> i've started to implement the Device registration endpoints in node and
> was just wondering what the id is here in this header
>

> -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "aerogear-push-id: someid"
>

> is it something specific, or just a random number/alpha-numeric thingy
>

> here is the doc link for reference:
> https://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-unifiedpush-rest/#246535932
>
> Let's wait for Matzew to confirm but I think you can ignore it. Looks like
> a left over from our first analytics implementation , we use now a separate
> endpoint (the PUT) and pass this ID as a path parameter.
> We probably need to clean up the javadoc

correct, doc error.

the thing is only relevant here:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/252c3a979cf05b69f061f7ffa6d3dcc8826c7b51/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/rest/registry/installations/InstallationRegistrationEndpoint.java#L203

> I've also decided to create this as a separate module instead of including
> it in the node admin client here:
> https://github.com/bucharest-gold/unifiedpush-admin-client
> mostly becuase these registration endpoints don't needed to be KC
> authenticated.
>
> even if they were KC managed, they would be different (E.g. just
bearer-only), since there is no relationship to the actual mgmt of the
server.

+1 on separating these two things

-M

>   and they could also be used on a IOT device or something that runs node
> that has webpush/simplePush or some new crazy protocol.
>
> Make sense , I like that
>

> -Luke

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf