[Aerogear-users] Is Jboss EAP 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Oct 4 17:14:32 EDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM, jeff01 <xfdeng at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Has this only .war file included in the 1.2.0-Final distribution, i.e.,
> unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war, ever being tested working with JBoss EAP7?

correct - as said before: bring your own Keycloak.
1.2.0 only has the ups specific war.

tested on WildFly 10.x and 11-CR1.

We also have full docker support, w/ WF 10.1:
https://github.com/aerogear/dockerfiles/tree/master/wildfly/unifiedpush-wildfly

> Where is the unifiedpush-auth-server.war included in previous releases? Is
> it NOT required in 1.2.0-Final release as it is NOT included in the release
> bundle.

bring your own keycloak (aka auth server)

> However, no documentations ever mentioned unifiedpush-auth-server.war or
> unifiedpush-server-as7.war in  1.2.0-Final release, yet neither of them is
> included in the official release.

the as7 thing is gone, so is auth (keycloak). doc is, like said before not
up to date, but I have gave several pointers to the READMEs on the ag repo

> Now after I dropped the unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war as suggested into
> Jboss EAP7 running JDK 1.8, unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war.failed shows
> this
> error:
>
> "{\"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services\" =>
> {\"jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./ag-push\" =>
> \"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
> jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./ag-push:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 1:
> ${ups.auth.server.url}
>     Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in
> path
> at index 1: ${ups.auth.server.url}
>     Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at
> index 1: ${ups.auth.server.url}\"}}"
>
> What does this really mean? Can anyone help? I followed the instructions by
> word at: https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#deploy

as said before, here are is the latest doc:
*
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/master/docker-compose/ups-release
*
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/master/docker-compose/development

or directly on our dockerfiles repo
*
https://github.com/aerogear/dockerfiles/tree/master/wildfly/unifiedpush-wildfly

Please go w/ that, since the website is currently not up to date.

> To Aerogear UPS team,
>
> We may really need to spend some time on the documentation as this is
> impacting adoption. I have advocated this product since early stages but
> now
> the documentation is really out of sync. Now I have concerns recommending
> this product to new projects if this does not seem to improve. It is now so
> confusing to get Aerogear UPS up and running from anew or from an older
> version in the case of upgrade. I can volunteer my time but we need someone
> from the team who knows the new version of this product to step up and lead
> this effort.

Thanks - I will also try to scratch something, will share PR for
improvements. Thanks for the offer!

PS: Keycloak has their own docs, on keycloak.org

> Thank you.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/

Matthias Wessendorf