[Apiman-dev] Apiman CLI + Community Release

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 13:49:16 EST 2016

For versioning of the CLI, I would probably prefer option #2 to make it
easier for users.  That should probably be paramount.  The consequence,
as you mention, is that the CLI needs to be kept up to date.  But I
think that might actually be a benefit, not a disadvantage.  :)  It'll
force the issue.  Any breakage between the server and the CLI in a
particular version would be considered a bug.

As for packaging with the distro - it will depend on *which* distro.
For the wildfly distro we should put the *.sh/*.bat files in $root/bin
and the JAR in $root/bin/apiman.

In Tomcat I think we should put the scripts AND the JAR in $root/bin.

The questions then is how do we get the CLI included in the distro?  The
distro is currently built by maven (maven assembly).  Since the CLI
isn't a maven project, I wonder what the proper way is to pull it in.

Thoughts?

-Eric