[Apiman-user] ApiMan & Swagger Doc

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 09:00:03 EDT 2015

Swagger is currently supported only to document a service.  So it can be
added by the Service Provider via the Definition tab on the service.  It
is then displayed on the "Search for a Service to Consume" area of the
UI (where application developers go to find services they wish to
consume).  Specifically it will be shown on the service details UI
screen once an app developer has searched for and found the service.

We do want to use the swagger information in many other places.  One of
the things we'll be doing shortly is re-implementing the old "Import
Service(s)" functionality that we had in an early version but didn't
make the transition from GWT to angularjs.  So importing from a swagger
definition is a likely candidate.

Additionally, we will want to implement testing tools, where a service
provider can ensure that the various policies she configured are working
properly.  For that it will also be useful to have the swagger
definition available.

-Eric