[Apiman-user] Having trouble connecting to Amazon Elasticsearch service

Paul Blair pblair at clearme.com
Tue Dec 8 11:19:39 EST 2015

Not quite sure what to make of this: I'm getting

    org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: [endpoint_URI]:443 failed to respond

But if I do:

    curl https://[endpont_URI]:443

I get a response from Elasticsearch-this is because I have the Amazon Elasticsearch instance permissioned to accept any connections from the IP address where apiman is running.

The apiman configurations look like this:

apiman.es.protocol=http
apiman.es.host=[endpoint_URI]
apiman.es.port=443
apiman.es.username=
apiman.es.password=

Changing protocol from http to https doesn't appear to help, nor does removing the username and password properties entirely. Any suggestions?