[Apiman-user] Hawtio Based API Manager UI Developer Setup Issues

Brandon Gaisford bgaisford at punagroup.com
Sun Jun 14 17:39:26 EDT 2015

I’m following the Hawtio README, the setup seems fine and all is running.

Node starts:

$ gulp
[11:31:55] Server started http://localhost:2772
[11:31:55] LiveReload started on port 35729

When I make updates in the Hawtio src tree, the server reloads, all looks good.

The gateway and apiman services are running:

GET: http://localhost:8080/apiman/system/status  (had to login)

{"up":true,"version":"1.1.4-SNAPSHOT"}

Decided to start up firebug in Firefox and see if I could seed anything.  Looks like an error early in UI startup:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://localhost:8080/apiman/system/status. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).

What is the correct way to get around this CORS stuff during Node/Hawtio development?

Thanks,

Brandon