[Apiman-user] Forwarding HTTP requests to service implementations secured by OAuth

Marc Savy marc.savy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 06:31:02 EST 2015

Hi Ton,

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this.

In essence, you are correct. There's no in-built mechanism to achieve
what you want (i.e. gateway acting as an OAuth2 *client*).

You could indeed use the simple header policy to store a long-lived
token, but this should not be considered a particularly secure approach
(particularly if there's a chance that the token could be exposed
somehow - e.g. by a user looking at the policy config in the UI).

The second issue, which you are undoubtedly aware of, is that there is
no mechanism to auto-refresh those token(s) once expired.

Another option which you could explore is to create a custom policy
which does the periodic refreshing of tokens for you.

Regards,
Marc