[Apiman-user] Initial gateway config

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 08:45:27 EST 2015

I think this may have already been answered somewhere else (github
issues) but I'll respond here as well for the benefit of all. :)

The API Gateway configuration API is protected by KeyCloak using the
same Realm as the API Manager UI/REST.  However, the KeyCloak role
needed is "apipublisher" which is unique to the API Gateway configuration.

So in other words, in order to call the API Gateway configuration API
you must authenticate as a user with the 'apipublisher' role.  The
quickstart comes pre-configured with a user named "apimanager" that has
this role.  By default that user's password is:

apiman123!

I believe our documentation must be updated to reflect this fact.  If
anyone can point me to where we have the old information (where the
password is listed as something else) then I'd appreciate it.

Please note that you should definitely change this password in the
quickstart.  To do this, log into KeyCloak here:

http://localhost:8080/auth
admin
admin123!

Then find the user in via the KC UI and modify the credentials.  You
really should do this for the 'admin' user in both the Apiman and Master
realms!

The quickstart comes pre-configured with these users as a convenience only.

-Eric