[Apiman-user] Invalid token signature

Tim Dudgeon tdudgeon.ml at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:04:59 EDT 2015

Hi, I'm trying to access a service though an application and plan, using
OAuth authentication at the application level and authorization at the
service level (requiring a role assigned to the user during authentication).
I thought I had it all set up correctly, but am getting an Invalid token
signature error.

I generate access token like this:

$ curl -X POST
http://192.168.59.103:8080/auth/realms/Organization1/protocol/openid-connect/token
-H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -d 'username=user1'
-d 'password=user1' -d 'grant_type=password' -d 'client_id=app1' -s | jq
-r '.access_token'

and get an access token like this:

eyJhb<snip>

Then try to access the service like this:

$ curl -k -H "Authorization: Bearer eyJhb<snip>" -H "X-API-Key:
bb9eb966-<snip>" -s
https://192.168.59.103:8443/apiman-gateway/Organization2/echo/1.5/

And I get this error:

{"type":"Authentication","failureCode":11004,"responseCode":401,"message":"Invalid
token signature.","headers":{}}

Any ideas what the Invalid token signature error relates to?

Thanks
Tim