[Apiman-user] How to Define a Service with Path Parameters – like /porfolio/{id} ?

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 07:05:37 EDT 2015

OK - let's assume that the endpoint for your backend system is this (for
example):

http://example.org:8080/backend/portfolio/{id}

Typically what you want to do is configure the Implementation Endpoint
in apiman to be:

http://example.org:8080/backend/

Assuming you named your apiman service "Bar" and created it inside
organization "Foo", then your managed endpoint would be something like this:

http://apiman-host:8080/apiman-gateway/Foo/Bar/1.0

Now, any additional path information is simply passed through as-is to
your backend.  So for example, you could do this:

http://apiman-host:8080/apiman-gateway/Foo/Bar/1.0/portfolio/12345

This will result in apiman proxying the request here:

http://example.org:8080/backend/portfolio/12345

It does this because the extra path information beyond the base managed
endpoint is:

/portfolio/12345

So that bit is simply appended to the implementation endpoint of:

http://example.org:8080/backend/

which results in:

http://example.org:8080/backend/portfolio/12345

-Eric