[Apiman-user] Apiman & Keycloak

Marc Savy marc.savy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 05:57:47 EDT 2015

I would suggest you refer to the Keycloak documentation, as there are several ways to skin this particular cat. For instance, how you decide to set up your Keycloak configuration is highly dependent upon your specific requirements; whether you want token grants to be via the API-only, or an HTTP redirect based approach (see: https://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/html/access-types.html); how you wish to divide up your application; the level of security you desire; any identity provision sources...

At any rate, once you have Keycloak going, you would log in and click on 'create realm' (in my blog demo, that would be http://localhost:8080/auth/admin/master/console/#/create/realm) - then, add your client, roles, users, etc.

To make your life simple for demo purposes, I suggest your clients be 'Direct Grants Only' and 'Public'.

I'm not entirely clear from your email whether you want to script this, or provide walk-through steps, or provide a pre-baked config (like the blog).

Do you need to use roles and authorization? Or just simple authentication?

Regards,
Marc