[Apiman-user] Call for testers: Vert.x 3 Gateway

Marc Savy marc.savy at redhat.com
Sat Sep 5 06:45:28 EDT 2015

Hi,

As you may (or may not) know, we have had a Vert.x 3-based gateway
hiding in our code-base for a couple of months now. Over that time it's
received a fair bit of automated and manual testing, in addition to a
good few tweaks and bug-fixes.

The next step is to have a few intrepid community members try it out!

It still has a few areas where we'll be looking to do improvements as
features arrive from upstream, but generally things should work fine.

Without further ado -

= Prerequisites:

* At the moment, ElasticSearch is the only component type supported. So,
you'll need ES available on the machine(s) you're testing this on.

* You need Java 8 and Maven

= Build apiman master:

   git clone https://github.com/apiman/apiman.git && cd apiman
   mvn clean install
   cd gateway/platforms/vertx3/vertx3/

= Edit src/conf/conf.json:

To better understand how this works, check out this README:

https://github.com/apiman/apiman/blob/master/gateway/platforms/vertx3/vertx3/README.adoc

Take particular note of which port your 'api' and 'http' verticles are
running on. Feel free to change the 'count' of each type (e.g. 5 policy
verticles).

For each of the ES components, you'll need to edit it to match your
local config - it might well be the same.

= Run:

  java -jar
target/apiman-gateway-platforms-vertx3-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-fat.jar -conf
src/conf/conf.json

= Add the gateway:

Fire up the apiman manager in the usual way, and in the Administration
section, 'Manage Gateways'. Put in the details of your Vert.x Gateway,
and give it a test

Remember: you need to add the *API* endpoint here - by default
http://localhost:8081; username: admin, password: admin.

You should be able to explicitly publish stuff to your Vert.x 3 gateway now!

= Are you brave?

Run with -cluster to run in clustered mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Marc