[Apiman-user] CORS preflight OPTIONS request requires Authorization header

Melih Ozdemirkan Melih.Ozdemirkan at avivasa.com.tr
Thu Aug 25 03:53:41 EDT 2016

I have an API provisioned on APIMAN with  Keycloak OAuth Policy and CORS Policy (using APIMAN Plugins) . Onclient side, I get the JWT token from Keycloak and add authorization header to get request sent to APIMAN for my own API. Problem is  that APIMAN rejects OPTIONS preflight with 401 Unauthorized with message "OAuth2 'Authorization' header or 'access_token' query parameter must be provided."

I am using APIMAN 1.2.7_final . I applied workaround in the JIRA issue given below but it didn't work for me.  Does it work for both APIMAN's own rest endpoints and my own API's. I suppose it is not valid for the later one.

http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/apiman-user/2016-July/000727.html
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/APIMAN-1209

TOKEN REQUEST TO KEYCLOAK
General
Request URL:http://localhost:8280/auth/realms/company/protocol/openid-connect/token
Request Method:POST
Status Code:200 OK
Remote Address:127.0.0.1:8280

Response Headers
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials:true
Access-Control-Allow-Origin:http://localhost:8080
Access-Control-Expose-Headers:Access-Control-Allow-Methods
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Length:3175