[Apiman-user] Apiman & Elasticsearch

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 20:12:14 EDT 2016

Hi Stéphane.

Yes, it is possible to run apiman without using Elasticsearch at all.
You mentioned that you already replaced ES with mysql for the gateway
registry.  There are several other components as well, including
metrics.  We have documentation for metrics here:

http://www.apiman.io/latest/installation-guide.html#_how_to_use_a_sql_database_to_store_and_retrieve_metrics_replacing_elasticsearch

In addition, here is an example apiman.properties config that uses
alternatives for everything (Gateway only):

https://gist.github.com/EricWittmann/822911517aa357b8c8c94c3ec79a32f3

Note that several of the components use Infinispan instead of
elasticsearch.  In order to use the Infinispan components you'll need to
be using Wildfly *and* also add the following in your
standalone-apiman.xml file (in the right spot in that file):

https://gist.github.com/EricWittmann/437432397f03270737d9fbd9bdadeaea

There are other choices for these components, but currently only the
Elasticsearch and Infinispan implementations support multiple gateway
nodes.  If you're just running a single Gateway node, you could use the
in-memory implementations of these components (although you would lose
state if the server was restarted).

As for production references, I'm sorry to say that we don't really
solicit that information in the community.  However I have CC'd this
response on the apiman users mailing list so perhaps someone will raise
a hand and describe their production experience. :)

-Eric