[Apiman-user] Elasticsearch configuration

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 10:44:13 EST 2016

Apiman will automatically create the appropriate ES indexes if they do
not exist.  However, it does this in a very naive way:

https://github.com/apiman/apiman/blob/master/gateway/engine/es/src/main/java/io/apiman/gateway/engine/es/ESClientFactory.java#L220-L233

That said, we aren't really elasticsearch experts, so I'm not too
confident offering advice on how to scale/cluster a production instance
of Elasticsearch (note that we are working on alternatives).

My suggestion is probably to create the indexes manually, and shard them
however you think is appropriate.  Apiman will then simply use the
indexes you create rather than create them for you.  You can use the ES
Mappings files when configuring the indexes:

https://github.com/apiman/apiman/tree/master/gateway/engine/es/src/main/resources/io/apiman/gateway/engine/es

-Eric